Welcome everyone to the blog which has been created for Maurine Malmberg and her loved ones. This is a place where we as family and friends can come to share our memories of our beloved mother, sister, twin, aunt, grandmother, great grandmother, and friend.If you would like to share a memory please email it to maurinemalmberg@yahoo.com I will then add it right to the blog or you can leave it in a comment form. We would love as a family for you to share your memories of Maurine.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Memories from Krista Bontrager

I have many fond memories of grandma. The first one that comes to mind was when we went to visit her and grandpa in Los Altos one summer. She would always cook such wonderful food and we so looked forward to dinner. However....she would walk around the table filling each tall glass to the top with milk. Then she would say..."Now grandma wants you to drink it all...so you can have strong bones!" I remember staring at that cup wondering how I was going to make that milk disappear!
Grandma and Grandpa surprised us one visit by taking us to Disneyland Theme Park and Grandpa payed for everyone! We felt like we we're dreaming as we had a childhood wish come true that sunny day!
Grandma loved to have us girls help her pick ripe fruits from all of her fruit trees in the backyard. I remember how much she loved dried prunes...it always made me gag to watch her eat them! LOL
Grandma and Grandpa instilled such a love for music in all who surrounded them. They radiated such joy and delight when playing an instrument or singing a song. I have fond memories of music concerts we held performing for them. I remember one particular song that was performed where I played piano while Bryce sang, "Not to say Good-bye" and I could feel such a warm feeling enter the room. You could feel the unity of the family and the spirit abide with us there.
Another fun memory was listening to Grandpa play the harmonica while Grandma accompanied on the ukalaylee. They we're so happy and in love.I can remember having a fashion show with Tara, Cherice, Erika, myself. Then Bryce and I acted out "Hans and Frans" and made everyone laugh hysterically!
I can remember the black squirrels and how they drove grandma nuts literally. She was agitated from them eating her fruits. So my Dad got Gary's bee-bee gun and went out in the yard for shooting practice. They were pretty far up in those palm trees but if I remember right....Dad got one or two of them. Grandma was worried the cops would come.
Those are just a few cherished memories I have to share about Grandma. I love her dearly and will miss her so much. I am grateful for her example of faith, charity, and love. She has left behind a wonderful legacy.
My loving thoughts. Krista Bontrager

No comments:

Post a Comment